1. Use TO in these cases:
Motive/Reason (with verb)
· I went to the store to buy milk.
What time it is
· It was a quarter to six when I left.
· I shall go to London next month.
· It’s about ten kilometers from my house to my school.
· I prefer this dress to the one you were wearing yesterday.
· He gave the pen to his friend.
2. Use FOR in these cases:
Motive/Reason (with noun)
· I went to the store for milk.
Period of time
· The couple took the house for 2 years.
· A win is always good for morale.
Function – with verb (-ing form)
· She had a special talent for learning languages.
· Are you for or against his idea?
Doing something to help someone
· Could you carry my case for me?
ENCONTRADO EN: www.eslbuzz.com